Saturday, January 25, 2014

Corduroy Sky






There you are in a corduroy sky
wide, smiling, cumulus piece of me
past the cancer, the congestive heart
without a needle's poke or probing
no Doctor Quack or bureaucratic clack
now, just a puff, floating in blue, in pink
in orange, in lemon, and lavender
in all the greeting cards ever written
with a tooth's quarter, with a crisp dollar bill
love is now shared, daily, through hugs of air
and all I have to do is open my mind to feel them.



Copyright @ 2014 OrangeUaPoet All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. So vivid, and I can relate to this, but in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful my Orange friend - and I can relate to this too.

    I can remember looking at the vast expanse of sky the night after my dads death - and I was in awe of it. I imagined him there - in his Heaven - looking at me and the rest of this Earth on which we dwell - and it brought me great comfort.

    I wrote of it here: http://hypercryptical.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/peace.html

    Kind regards my friend.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete