Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Waiting for What and When

 

 

Soon, a day will come

when I will look in the mirror and not know who I am

not recall how I got that scar above my eye

stare at photos, unable to place names on faces

 

Already, I am opening drawers filled with keys to

locked doors in buildings that have been demolished

 

Daily, I pass structures haunted by long kisses from

lovers whose lips have long abandoned me

 

Today, I pulled the cord on the bus, stood up

stood   out   standing   still   like a stilled life

and  did  not  think   at all

 

I smiled, charmingly

they like me more when I smile





Published 2018, Vallum, Memory and Loss issue, Vol. 15:1

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you posting again my orange friend. I demand more!!! :o]
    Wishing you a wonderful New Year!
    Much love
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of publisher policies, I can only post published poems. Hoping to add many more in 2021.

      Delete